Join the Expedition
Participation in this expedition is open to content experts, and major supporters of the expedition. A major supporter is someone who contributes at least $15,000 to help underwrite a 3-day mission, or $10,000 to help subsidize a 1-day mission. To be accepted, all mission specialists must submit an application and receive basic mission specialist training and/or coaching during the mission.
NOTE: Weather conditions and other factors may require changes to the published expedition schedule or mission plan.
How to Join
- Review the eligibility requirements below.
- Submit an Application Request on this page.
- Your Application Request will be reviewed by the OceanGate Expeditions crew and, if appropriate, we will provide a link to the actual Crew Application.
- Your Crew Application will be reviewed by our Expedition Leader and crew, with a follow up call scheduled to answer any questions and confirm your participation
Mission Specialist Requirements
- Be able to board small boats (Zodiacs) in rough seas.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time the expedition commences.
- Be comfortable in dynamic environments where plans and timetables may change.
- Can demonstrate basic balance, mobility and flexibility (i.e. climb a 6 foot step ladder, carry 20 lbs., etc.)